Fantasy success isn't only about having great players; it's also about having mediocre players who exceed expectations. Renowned fantasologist B.J. Rudell predicts which undervalued players will produce hardcore stats in their next game. Learn winning strategies. Dispel century-old myths. Taunt friends who don't know about this site. And return each day for the latest tips, anecdotes, and those prized picks that will make you a legend.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

2007 NFL -- Week 6 Recap -- A Hardcore Trifecta

I received a letter today from Kurt Warner:

---

Dear Fanttasy [sic.] B.J.,

Sorry to have hurt my elbow after only a few plays this weekend. I realize you picked me as one of your Week 6 hardcore performers. I understand that you and your readers may have lost a lot of money as a result of my injury. I wish I could pay you, but I need that money to fix my elbow.

It's ironic that the elbow I hurt isn't even the elbow on my throwing arm; it's my other elbow. How strrange! [sic.]

It was reckless of me not to protect my elbow. I usually protect my elbow, such as when I eat, and I place my elbow in a protective purse.

Yours in perpetuity,

Kurt

---

Despite Warner's inability to play past the 5th minute of the game, never in the storied history of this Web site have 3 . . . 3 players come through as hardcore performers.

  • As anticipated, Larry Johnson rebounded from his worst performance in years with a stellar game against a sub-par defense.

  • Meanwhile, Bobby Engram took advantage of Deion Branch's injury to dominate against the Saints' cornerbacks.

  • And let's not forget about the Eagles Defense, which prevented the pitiful Jets from getting into the end zone.

If you had played these 3 players last week, you would have been well on your way to winning.

So how do we spot next week's outperformers this early in the week? As I've said before, review the team's local newspapers, read the various online fantasy sites, and review the upcoming match-ups.

  • Tampa Bay just landed another RB, Michael Bennett. Will he take carries from Earnest Graham? Keep on eye on what the Tampa Tribune is writing.

  • Chris Chambers is a new Charger. What does this mean to his stock? To Vincent Jackson's? To Marty Booker and Ted Ginn on the Dolphins? Read the Miami Herald.

Don't think prayer alone will help. Do your homework, and you'll earn your hardcore degree.

No comments: